Wading through treacle
The role of technology in GxP manufacturing is to serve the evolving needs of the enterprise. Sometimes the technology can end up being viewed as a black box that sucks large amount of capital investment but remains unable to be responsive to changing business needs.
Our value is to ensure that the technology is not so mired in challenges around compliance, security and legacy equipment that it is unable to respond to the needs of the business. We engage with all the stakeholders in the enterprise to ensure that the business needs are properly understood, help technology teams develop and deliver strategies, and solutions that deliver value to these stakeholders. This is a human and a communications challenge as a technology challenge.
Ok. How can we help?
Hanley Networks combines design thinking with its deep domain knowledge to create better outcomes for customers. Design thinking applies co-design, discovery, and rapid prototyping to create business value. Our Accelerator Workshops for GxP manufacturing organisations are used to:
– Clearly capture stakeholder business needs and prioritise those.
– Challenge the current approaches & develop robust technology strategies and solutions.
– Build winning business cases for these strategies and solutions, and communicate those in a compelling way to stakeholders.
The tools and techniques we use to run these accelerator workshops are well proven techniques used from Design Thinking and GV Design Sprint. The application of these techniques to technology projects is not a new or unique idea, but has been used heavily in management consultancy & tech.
Keeping it real
It is not our role to add more complexity to already very complex situations. Our approach to developing technology strategies & solutions is very much informed from business needs, human communication perspective, and to preserve capital
Our focus is on dealing with real day to day challenges now, and building technology strategies and road maps that reduce fire fighting, and allow you to be more focused on the actual business needs. This is critical for the success of the technology function within your enterprise
Think transformation in approach rather than transformation in technology
What questions can I hope to answer from an Accelerator workshop?
- Have we really identified the most important stakeholder needs/challenges?
- What are the critical priorities right now?
- Time is value. Are we creating value right now?
- Are there quicker, lower risk technologies to address these challenges?
- Does our strategy/solution comply with corporate security standards
- Does our strategy/solution deliver regulatory compliance?
- Have we built a compelling business case for our solution?
The data journey
Your manufacturing data architecture and IT infrastructure is not a point solution or an event. It is a data journey that lasts many years. This data journey that goes on throughout the lifetime of your production facility and beyond. In order for your technology strategies and solutions to be successful in serving the business’s needs of the enterprise, you need to be using the same tools and resources that other senior management utilise to build winning strategies and solutions. Our advisory services are available to you as a tool at different stages of that data journey, to deliver value in different ways. We want to be a companion on the road over the long term.
Our Accelerator workshops
A sprint is a pragmatic method to bring solutions to your stakeholders without wasting weeks, months or even years building the wrong thing. In just two days, we help you validate customer problems and progress solutions to fix those problems.
Over the course of two days, we identify the key challenges and get you and your team focused on the key actions to deliver a technology solution that delivers.
We help you to:
– Accurately identify critical stakeholder challenges
– Identify the features to include in your technology solution to solve those problems
– Articulate stakeholder value to build compelling business cases
These are the standard workshops we have developed for our customers:
- Data Strategy Review [2 days]
- IT infrastructure Review [2 days]
- Technology Project Scoping [2 days]
- Legacy Migration Strategy Development [2 days]
As well as delivering these workshops as standard solutions you can also engage our consultants to provide advice on specific challenges or strategies.
Contact us to have an initial conversation to see if we can bring value to your business.